Girls Play Sports is seeking an entrepreneurial, passionate, professional with fundraising experience to build relationships between foundations, philanthropists, people of influence, and the Community of Evanston who want to foster leadership skills and confidence in girls through their participation in a wide variety of sports.
Reporting to the Executive Director you will establish a diverse and sustainable stream of revenue through fundraising and development activities, community-building efforts, and the creation opportunities to earn income.
Description of Duties
As the Director of Development, your primary responsibilities include:
- Creating a portfolio of philanthropists, foundations, and sponsors to secure a minimum of $40,000 in donations;
- Establishing relationships with like-minded individuals and organizations to create a network of supporters
- Developing a 12-month fundraising and communications plan to guide fundraising activities and build relationships with donors.
- Ensuring fully compliant record-keeping, receipting, and acknowledgment of all incoming funds.
Successful applicants will have three, but no more than ten, years in one of the following positions:
You must be a college graduate of at least a 4-year business program, and preferably have 1-3 years of experience working in the field of fundraising.
- Demonstrable passion for empowering girls, using your work to change and inspire others. You are on a mission.
- Excellent public speaking skills. You enjoy speaking to strangers.
- Outstanding listening skills. You seek information to learn, understand, build relationships, and solve problems.
- Strong ability to think strategically. You can connect needs and opportunity.
- Highly motivated, organized, and eager to lead and achieve measurable outcomes in a fast-paced, changing environment.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hours & Salary
The Director of Development will be expected to work between 10-20 hours per week depending on the time of year. The salary for this part-time position is $15,000.
If you are interested in applying to this position, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com,